Research Fellow/Technical Expert – Sustainable Development Goals
NIUA is looking for Research Fellows/Technical Experts in the urban development sector with specialisation in urban studies/economics/geography/planning (preferably with prior experience in working on SDGs/HDRs). The incumbent should have a strong theoretical understanding of the urban sector, planning, management and governance and quantitative research skills.
The positions will be purely on contractual basis for the duration of 3 months (extendable). Candidate will be required to join immediately. Remuneration is at par with the urban sector standards, depending on qualification, experience and skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform the following activities under the supervision of the team leader:
- Conduct assigned research activities, individually or jointly, in accordance with the project deliverables and project research strategy
- Review of existing literature to understand the challenges associated with implementation of Sustainable Development Goals in India
- Documentation of good practices in SDGs
- Organise Stakeholders Consultation and dissemination workshop focusing on SDGs
- Undertake any other duties of equivalent standing as assigned by the team leader/Director
These key tasks are not intended to be exhaustive but simply highlight the major tasks which the incumbent is expected to perform.
- MPhil/ PhD in urban studies/other relevant subject related to social sciences from a well-recognised university with 2-3 years of work experience
- Master’s Degree in urban studies/other relevant subject related to social sciences with 5-6 years of work experience in urban sector
Knowledge and Skills
- Theoretical and practical knowledge relating to urban studies, urban governance and SDGs, Urban Policy
- Excellent writing skills is a must for this position
- Skills in quantitative research methods, proficiency in secondary data sources
- Knowledge of GIS will be an added advantage
- A track record of publications of research results in quality journals
- Research creativity and strong cross-discipline collaborative ability
Location of positions:
Positions will be based in New Delhi.