Programme Associate (Partnership & Program Management), CCSG
National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
|Programme Associate (Partnership & Program Management), CCSG|
Centre for Digital Governance (CDG)
Citizen Centric Smart Governance (CCSG) - CDG
New Delhi, India
Annually - renewable for the program tenure
TYPE OF CONTRACT
Individual full-time contract
About the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA):
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, for research and capacity building for urban sector in India. NIUA’s broad objective is to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanization. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving urban India. The Institute has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilized its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously striving to develop sustainable, inclusive and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought after by both Indian and international organizations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transforming journey. NIUA is committed towards aligning its efforts towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through all its initiatives and programmes.
About the National Urban Digital Mission (NUDM) and Centre for Digital Governance (CDG):
The National Urban Digital Mission (NUDM) was launched on 23rd February 2021 by the Hon’ble Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs, Shri Hardeep Singh Puri and the Hon’ble Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad. The vision of the NUDM is to improve the ease of living for citizens by creating a national urban digital ecosystem that delivers accessible, inclusive, efficient and citizen centric governance in India’s 4400 towns and cities.
Anchored through the Centre for Digital Governance (CDG) at National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), the vision of NUDM can only be realized by promoting collaboration across the entire urban ecosystem through effective and inclusive partnerships with member- representatives of the “quadruple helix” of governments, civil society, industry, and academia. This urban innovation will be facilitated with shared public digital infrastructure via access to open platform architecture, standards and specifications. Envisioned to function as a trusted partner for distributed governance, the CDG envisages establishing six key practice areas on research, governance, platform, partnerships, communication and learning with the goal to facilitate adoption and put technology as the core of operations for digital transformation.
The National Urban Digital Mission will use the common digital infrastructure, called the National Urban Innovation Stack (NUIS) to strengthen the capacity of the urban ecosystem to solve complex urban problems at scale and speed The Citizen-Centric Smart Governance (CCSG) program focuses on driving NUDM goal of enabling digital governance across all 4400+ ULBs of India by 2025. The urban ecosystem today struggles with constraints on capacity and data. This results in governance that is not citizen-centric, effective, or efficient. ULB leaders, citizens and municipal employees need tools to manage the inherent complexity and dynamism of India’s cities and towns. CCSG aims at enabling integrated e- governance and digital delivery of municipal services to citizens using National Urban Governance platform & other NUIS compliant systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Programme Associate, CCSG will be part of the CCSG programmatic team. This position offers the opportunity of driving CDGs charter to operationalise e-governance across all ULBs of India by 2024. The role holder will work across multiple functional areas of strategy & planning, technology & program management, research & insights, communication & outreach, with focus on partnership and program impact towards establishing CDG as a trusted advisor for the urban transformation ecosystem. The CCSG Programme Associate shall provide operational and programmatic support to CCSG Team and CDG leadership.
The CCSG Programme Associate, will support the CCSG Senior Business Analyst and CCSG Program Manager in their functions, performing a mix of technical, content-focused and day-to-day administrative tasks:
- Support in planning and executing meetings and program briefing sessions across stakeholders both internal and external.
- Support states in the operationalizing the CCSG program by providing advisory, guidance and support under the supervision of the Programme Manager
- Support in research and creation of relevant documents for program design, operations and monitoring.
- Preparing State-specific product configuration documents
- Maintain internal databases, knowledge tools and meeting records.
- Support the Senior Business Analyst to develop the technical documents as per program needs and in responding to requests and interaction with internal and external stakeholders professionally.
- Provide general administrative support to project leads and team members.
- Work with State project directorate and program monitoring units (PMUs) to schedule and monitor program management activities for the state
- Identify and reconcile errors in client data to ensure accurate business requirements
- Report on project progress; offer viable solutions to challenges and identify opportunities for improvement as and when they arise
- Contribute to knowledge sharing efforts; review and continually improve processes so that all partners capture and leverage knowledge.
- Responsible for supporting partnership and engagements to drive program targets
- Responsible for supporting training & capacity building initiatives for the ecosystem to drive program delivery and adoption
- Work with Programme Manager to manage resources to make sure schedule is on track
- Support in miscellaneous job-related tasks as needed.
The Programme Associate, CCSG will also support the National Programme Head, CDG for various administrative, coordination and development duties as needed.
- MBA or Urban Planner or other Masters’ degree; B.E./B.Tech/MCA or equivalent preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating with teams and multi-stakeholder processes.
- Minimum 3-8 years of relevant work experience preferred. For exceptional candidates, 0-3 years of experience and designation as junior Programme Associate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deal with and manage expectations of senior executives / experts and their staff from government, industry and academia.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical, conceptualization and communication skills and advanced skills in the MS office suite
- Excellent Presentation and Documentation skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Past experience of working with states is desirable
- Past experience of project management in IT or e-governance implementation in public sector is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners and authorities at different levels with an enthusiasm for participatory governance, technology and social impact
- Should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be agile, enthusiastic, adaptable, have willingness to learn and time-management skills
- Should be willing to work at the Institute on a full-time basis
The Programme Associate will support various administrative, coordination and development duties such as writing, analysing and contributing to the design of standards within the CCSG program.
Based out of the office at NIUA, New Delhi
No. of Positions:
Reference letters from two references to be included with the CV
Remuneration and Experience Certificate:
At par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.
Notice period for termination from either side will be one month or salary in lieu of.
Submit CV and cover letter through NIUA portal. Please clearly mention the project’s name in the subject line.
Last Date of Application:
Hiring is on a rolling basis and applications for this position will be closed as we find a suitable candidate. Encourage prospective and eligible candidates to apply immediately.