|ORGANIZATION||National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)|
|FUNCTIONAL TITLE||Knowledge Officer|
|PROJECT NAME||City Investments To Innovate, Integrate & Sustain (CITIIS)|
|DUTY STATION:||New Delhi, India|
|DURATION||One Year (Renewable)|
|TYPE OF CONTRACT||Individual Consultant Contract|
About the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA, is a premier Institute of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India for research and capacity building for urban sector in India. NIUA’s broad objective is to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanization. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving Urban India. The Institution has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilized its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously striving to develop sustainable, inclusive, and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought out by both Indian and International organizations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transforming journey. NIUA is committed towards aligning its efforts towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through all its initiatives and programs.
The objective of the Smart Cities Mission, launched in 2015, is to promote cities that provide core infrastructure and give a decent quality of life to its citizens, a clean and sustainable environment and application of ‘Smart’ Solutions. The Smart City Mission represents an important shift in the Government of India’s (GoI) urban sector policy, which aims at promoting smart integrated urban projects to improve the economic attractiveness of cities; as well as strengthening Urban Local Bodies’ (ULBs) technical and financial management capacities.
Financed by the French Development Agency (AFD) and the European Union (EU) and supported by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) and National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), the
CITIIS program aims at putting in place complementary instruments to the Smart Cities Mission to provide a financial incentive and technical support to demonstrative projects. The program was
launched in March, 2018 and it is currently operational across 12 Smart City SPVs in India.
Each selected smart city project benefits from the additional Government of India grant financed through a EUR 100 million loan from AFD and EUR 6 million grant from the European Union. Along with the financial support, the selected projects’ SPVs also benefit from long-term international coaching to support the development and implementation of the project.
The Knowledge Officer- CITIIS shall work closely work with the Program Manager and other team members for capitalising the knowledge generated through the program. The responsibilities of the incumbent will include, but will not be limited to:
- Research and develop relevant case studies as per the themes and values of the program.
- Coordinate with the international mentors and domestic experts for identifying and collating relevant case studies and knowledge products.
- Identifying topics and respective partners / agencies for conducting the capitalization studies at program level and project level respectively.
- Documentation of the ongoing program activities to capture key learnings and provide necessary data-sets / documents / information required by the agencies to conduct the studies.
- Beyond the production of documentation, ensuring its appropriation by the targeted audience.
- Conducting select capitalization studies under the guidance of program coordinator.
- Coordinating with the SPVs and the partner agencies for organizing field visits / photography missions / interviews with the agency
- Review and finalization of the studies conducted by partners / agencies.
- Design, develop and conduct webinars on identified urban issues in collaboration with partner agencies.
- Disseminating the case studies, program and project level capitalization studies to relevant stakeholders as easy to understand knowledge products through offline and online channels.
The Procurement Specialist- CITIIS shall work closely with the program team and report to the Program Coordinator / Team Leader - CITIIS at NIUA, New Delhi. Skills and Qualifications
- Post Graduate (master degree) in Urban Planning / Management / Statistics / Economics or equivalent Social Sciences / Management field from a reputed institute.
- Minimum 7 years’ work experience.
- At-least 3 years’ experience of coordinating and managing multiple stakeholders / agencies for capturing learnings / studies.
- Clear understanding of urban missions especially the smart cities mission and stakeholders at national state / state / city level.
- Demonstrated experience in network animation; and workshop organization.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing case studies, reports, research papers for National / International organizations / agencies.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically.
- Good in personal organization, planning and priority setting.
- Values the continuous improvement and learning.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong documentation and interpersonal skills.
References: Please provide name and contact information of three references.
Remuneration: As par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills and fitment with NIUA remuneration structures. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.
Application process: Submit CV and cover letter through the NIUA portal.