Business Analyst (Innovations & Partnerships), CCSG
National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Business Analyst (Innovations & Partnerships), CCSG
Centre for Digital Governance (CDG)
Citizen Centric Smart Governance (CCSG) - CDG
New Delhi, India
Annually - renewable for the program tenure
TYPE OF CONTRACT
Individual full-time contract
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, for research and capacity building for urban sector in India. NIUA’s broad objective is to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanization. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving urban India. The Institute has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilized its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously striving to develop sustainable, inclusive and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought after by both Indian and international organizations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transforming journey. NIUA is committed towards aligning its efforts towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through all its initiatives and programmes.
About the National Urban Digital Mission (NUDM) and Centre for Digital Governance (CDG):
The National Urban Digital Mission (NUDM) was launched on 23rd February 2021 by the Hon’ble Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs, Shri Hardeep Singh Puri and the Hon’ble Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad. The vision of the NUDM is to improve the ease of living for citizens by creating a national urban digital ecosystem that delivers accessible, inclusive, efficient and citizen centric governance in India’s 4400 towns and cities.
Anchored through the Centre for Digital Governance (CDG) at National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), the vision of NUDM can only be realized by promoting collaboration across the entire urban ecosystem through effective and inclusive partnerships with member-representatives of the “quadruple helix” of governments, civil society, industry, and academia. This urban innovation will be facilitated with shared public digital infrastructure via access to open platform architecture, standards and specifications. Envisioned to function as a trusted partner for distributed governance, the CDG envisages establishing six key practice areas on research, governance, platform, partnerships, communication and learning with the goal to facilitate adoption and put technology as the core of operations for digital transformation.
The National Urban Digital Mission will use the common digital infrastructure, called the National Urban Innovation Stack (NUIS) to strengthen the capacity of the urban ecosystem to solve complex urban problems at scale and speed The Citizen-Centric Smart Governance (CCSG) program focuses on driving NUDM goal of enabling digital governance across all 4400+ ULBs of India by 2025. The urban ecosystem today struggles with constraints on capacity and data. This results in governance that is not citizen-centric, effective, or efficient. ULB leaders, citizens and municipal employees need tools to manage the inherent complexity and dynamism of India’s cities and towns. CCSG aims at enabling integrated e-governance and digital delivery of municipal services to citizens using National Urban Governance platform & other NUIS compliant systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Business Analyst, CCSG will be part of the CCSG programmatic team. This position offers the opportunity of driving CDGs charter to operationalise e-governance across all ULBs of India by 2024. The role holder will work across functions of strategy & planning; research & insights; technology & program management with focus on innovations and partnerships; communication & outreach; partnership and program impact; towards establishing CDG as a trusted advisor for the urban transformation ecosystem. The Business Analyst shall provide technical, operational and programmatic support to CCSG Team and CDG leadership.
The Business Analyst has to manage the requirements of the program and communicate them clearly to states, stakeholders, facilitators, and team members. This role requires a candidate who is hands-on in technology, and has excellent communication and client engagement skills.
The Business Analyst will support the Senior Business Analysts and Program Manager, CCSG; as well as the National Programme Head, CDG in their functions, performing a mix of technical program management tasks:
- Preparing State-specific product configuration documents
- Analyze client’s business requirements and processes through document analysis, interviews, workshops, and workflow analysis
- Conduct testing, including functional, user acceptance (UAT) and performance to verify the client’s needs are met
- Communicate client’s business requirements by constructing easy-to-understand data and process models
- Draft and maintain business requirements and align them with functional and technical requirements
- Identify and reconcile errors in client data to ensure accurate business requirements
- Identify and document product, platform and services level innovations within the larger stakeholders’ ecosystem. Facilitate their inclusion / on-boarding into the NUDM ecosystem with support from Senior Business Analysts and Program Manager, CCSG.
- Report on project progress; offer viable solutions to challenges and identify opportunities for improvement as and when they arise
- Work with Program Manager to manage resources to make sure schedule is on track
- Support in miscellaneous job-related tasks as needed.
- B.Tech/BE/MCA; Master’s/MBA preferred
- 3-8 years of work experience, with a track record of high achievement. 0-3 years of experience in case of exceptional candidates as a Junior Business Analyst
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English and Hindi required; additional languages will be a plus.
Required Skills and Experience
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated experience in requirement-gathering & elicitation from clients
- Demonstrated experience with documentation (User stories, BRD, FRD, Flow Diagram etc.)
- Excellent Business Analysis skills, with the ability to convert complex requirements into simple solutions & present the same to technical teams
- Experience with Databases (Postgres, RDBMS, SQL) OR Microservices Architecture OR Cloud native deployments
- Experience of working with government clients strongly preferred - candidate must be keen to work with state governments and ULBs to apply for this role
- Ability to manage customer requirement and maintain delivery standards
- Ability to handle multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience using various Project Management Tools.
- Prior exposure to the urban development sector (ideally in a central or state government project) strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners and authorities at different levels with an enthusiasm for participatory governance, technology and social impact
- Entrepreneurial spirit, including ability to work independently and autonomously, willingness to accept responsibilities for results.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Commitment to learning.
- Should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be agile, enthusiastic, adaptable, have willingness to learn and time-management skills
- Should be willing to work at the Institute on a full-time basis
Based out of the office at NIUA, New Delhi
Reference letters from two references to be included with the CV
Remuneration and Experience Certificate:
At par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.
Notice period for termination from either side will be one month or salary in lieu of.
Submit CV and cover letter through NIUA portal. Please clearly mention the project’s name in the subject line.